SCASP is a non-profit organization whose mission is to work to facilitate optimal education for all children, improve the quality of school psychological services in South Carolina, and provide services to members.
- Several in-state employment opportunities have been posted.
- Please consider making a donation to help support children's services organizations in the state of South Carolina. Join our fundraising campaign at efundraising.com or make an online donation using PayPal on our Children's Services page.
- The membership voted to approve revisions to SCASP governance documents at the October 4th business meeting held during the Fall Conference. Members were notified of the procedures review in previous President columns in the newsletter. Additionally, members were provided with drafts of the proposed documents via email in early September. Thanks to all members who attended the business meeting and took the time to vote!
- Congratulations to Dr. Christina Melton, recipient of SCASP's Outstanding Contributions to Education Award. Read more about the "We Are the Champions: A Toolkit for Transforming Schools project at Nursery Road Elementary School.
- Legislative Chairperson, Jim Harvey, represented SCASP at the NASP Public Policy Institute (PPI) at George Washington University July 11-13. For more information on this advocacy opportunity, visit the NASP GPR webpage.
- Dr. John Kelly of NASP's GPR Committee shares the state advocacy training handout from Fall Conference 2011.
Join or renew your SCASP membership to access additional resources such as the School Psych Scene newsletter, email updates, and discount rates on conferences and workshops.